Next Tarang Auditions 2015
Audition Application Deadline: Midday, Friday 3rd July
NEXT AUDITION DATES:
Saturday 4th July (London)
Further Liverpool dates to be announced
Who should apply?
- Adult musicians in the early stages of a career in music
- UK residents
- Advanced Level Musicians trained in the Carnatic or Hindustani musical traditions
If you are a Carnatic musician, you normally should have achieved your Arangetram or have a track record of performances and competition awards. Hindustani musicians should roughly be at the equivalent of an Arangetram, or equally, should have performed and appeared in examinations or competitions. These are guidelines only, however, and musicians developing an equivalent level of experience through performances or other achievements will also be eligible.
Your commitment to us
- 12 month commitment for all training sessions, rehearsals and concerts.
- Attendance at the Music India International Summer School a week long residential musical course
- Attendance during all workshops and rehearsal sessions.
- Annual membership review
Membership of Tarang gives you a host of other benefits, including the opportunity to attend other concerts of interest, limited complementary tickets for your family to attend Tarang performances and a place on the Summer Retreat. Don’t forget – you’ll also benefit from being a member of the country’s only Indian music ensemble!
How do you apply?
Application to join Tarang is simple & straightforward. All you have to do is complete the application form in time for the published audition dates deadline.Please provide as much information as you can, and feel free to send us additional information if you wish. Don’t forget to get the form signed by your teacher too.
The application process
Make sure you check on the next Audition dates, which normally take place in March and July each year.
Step 1 – Fill in the Online Application Form, no later than the current Audition Deadline date
Step 2 – Find out if you have been invited to audition
Step 3 – Train with us at the Music India training weekend in April
Step 4 – Sign up for Music India – the International Summer School in July/August
Notes for guidance
- Your application form determines whether you are invited to auditions. Samyo membership is awarded by audition.
- You will be assessed on potential and not just on current achievements.
- Applications should be supported by your music teacher or tutor, so we requiretheir signature too.
With your application, please also enclose an audio sample of between 6 or 8 minutes in length, on any format, by email or post.