Samyo membership offers young musicians an opportunity you simply can’t get anywhere else. The orchestra was created in 2002 to support talented young people through performance, training and development opportunities to help you learn advanced musical skills, or even to explore a career in music.
Most importantly, Samyo members get to perform in some of the best professional venues of the country, and learn from an oustanding, star-studded team of composers, tutors and conductors. Read about them in The Orchestra section.
Uncover your talent…
Perform with the best..
Learn from the stars!
Designed to complement the training Samyo members receive from their school, guru or teacher, the orchestra gives you some amazing new skills and experiences, including:
- Attendance of the Music India Summer School
- Three Music India Weekends, in Autumn, Winter and Easter.
- All Samyo compositions written in a bound & printed notation book
- Eligibility to apply for bursaries/fellowships for training, instruments and further support
- Apply for help with training and instrument costs
- Regular newsletters and information about industry opportunities
- Professional support and advice for your career development, training or musical needs
- Work with leading youth orchestras and other young musicians from the UK and international – Collaboration with other musical genres
- Participate in CD recordings
- Develop communication and stage techniques
Samyo members gain the following skills:
- Improved confidence through performances, challenging training and interaction with other musicians
- Better communication skills
- Understanding of composition in Indian music
- Improved ability to play in an ensemble and orchestra
- Improvements in performance skills and concert design
- Experience of arts management, festivals and orchestra management
- Leadership opportunities through the Orchestra Leaders’ Programme
Features of Samyo membership:
- Train with the world’s best tutors, gurus and composers of Indian Classical Music
- Perform in top class mainstream venues
- Practice, perform and learn with other talented young musicians
- Experience in performance and learning of Hindustani and Carnatic music
- Opportunities to learn and play other musical genres
Samyo members are also eligible for Orchestra Awards, including:
- Orchestra Leader
- Best Attendance
- Most Improved Musician
- Musician of the Year
Find out how to apply and we’ll see you at auditions!