Ensembles membership is open to students trained in Indian Classical music between the ages of 12 and 18, permanently resident in the UK, whilst Samyo Too membership is open to musicians between the ages of 18 and 25. Sabrang is open to vocalists between the ages of 14 and 25. Ensemble members are selected on the basis of talent and potential.
Dates and Deadlines
New applicant deadline: 26th January 2018
Bursary Deadline: 4th May 2018
Places and Bursaries confirmed: 13th April
Registration Deadline (if offered a place): 18th May 2018
If your application is successful at the first stage, you will be invited to audition at one of the following dates and locations, of which you can select your preference in the application form.
- Liverpool – 24th February 2018
- London – 25th February 2018
- Liverpool – 24th March 2018
- London – 25th March 2018
Programme Dates 2018 – 19
Music India Summer School – 27th July – 5th August 2018
October Rehearsals and Training – 20th & 21st October 2018
February Rehearsals and Training – 16th & 17th February 2019
Concert Rehearsals – 16th & 17th March 2019
Showcase Concert at Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre – 23rd March 2019
Membership of one of Milapfest’s Ensembles gives you a host of other benefits, including the opportunity to attend other concerts of interest and a place at the Music India Summer School.
Notes for guidance
- Your application form determines whether you are invited to auditions. Samyo membership is awarded by audition.
- You will be assessed on potential and not just on current achievements.
- Applications should be supported by your music teacher or tutor, so we require their signature or email too.
- With your application, please also enclose an audio sample of between 6 or 8 minutes in length, on any format, by email or post. Find out about what to expect at Audition here.