Ensembles membership is open to students trained in Indian Classical music between the ages of 12 and 18, permanently resident in the UK, whilst The Samyo Trainee Scheme membership is open to musicians between the ages of 18 and 25. Sabrang is open to vocalists between the ages of 14 and 25. Ensemble members are selected on the basis of talent and potential.
Dates and Deadlines
8th March 2019 – Final Application Deadline
If your application is successful at the first stage, you will be invited to audition at one of the following dates and locations, of which you can select your preference in the application form. Please ensure you apply at least 10 days before the date of your preferred audition date and location.
- 12th January – Liverpool
- 16th February – Manchester
- 9th March – Leicester
- 10th March – Birmingham
Programme Dates 2019 – 20
- Music India Summer School – 26th July – 4th August
Autumn Rehearsals and Training – 19th – 20th October
Winter Rehearsals and Training – 22nd – 23rd February
- Concert Rehearsals – 28th – 29th March
- Annual showcase concert – 4th April 2019 at Queen Elizabeth Hall, Southbank Centre
Membership of one of Milapfest’s Ensembles gives you a host of other benefits, including the opportunity to attend other concerts of interest and a place at the Music India Summer School.
Notes for guidance
- Your application form determines whether you are invited to auditions. Samyo membership is awarded by audition.
- You will be assessed on potential and not just on current achievements.
- Applications should be supported by your music teacher or tutor, so we require their signature or email too.
- With your application, please also enclose an audio sample of between 6 or 8 minutes in length, on any format, by email or post. Find out about what to expect at Audition here.