Young Musician and Dancer of the year awards
We are excited to announce two new awards for young artistes engaged in the performance of Classical Indian music and dance in Britain.
Winners earn the title; Nritya Ratna (Dance), or Sangeet Ratna (Music), a prize of £2500 to be spent on further training and career development, a trophy and performance opportunities at mainstream UK venues.
Open to artists between the ages of 18 and 28, the award will raise the profile of the winners, precipitate further training and performance opportunities, and offer individual mentoring and marketing support.
Winners will be selected through an open and exciting competition process:
- A distinguished international jury of leading dance and music practitioners, academics and creative professionals, will remotely short-list applicants down to six musicians and six dancers based on submitted applications.
- Shortlisted candidates will then perform live before the panel at Milapfest’s prestigious Indika festival in Liverpool.
- A winner and runner-up for each award will be announced at the end of the evening.
To apply please request an application form from Milapfest stating which award you are applying for and return it by Friday 29 March 2013 along with a clip of a performance, and two references.
- Request and complete the application form (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Submit application along with a clip of performance and two references by Friday 29 March. To submit a clip of performance, please send us a link to a You Tube/Vimeo or SoundCloud upload.
- You will be informed if you’ve been shortlisted by Tuesday 28 May
- Performances take place in late July during Indika festival.
Application and Competition Dates:
Applications Open: Tuesday 29 January 2013
Application Deadline: Friday 29 March 2013
Short List Announced: Tuesday 28 May 2013
Performances: Late July 2013
Further information and application forms are available on request from Milapfest. Contact Chethana Siddappa at email@example.com or call 0151 291 3649
The Nritya Ratna and Sangeet Ratna awards are delivered in association with Arts Council England.