Arts School: Spring Term 2013
19 Jan 2013 | 10:00 until 13:00
The Cornerstone Building
Milapfest’s Arts School is a weekly programme of Indian music and dance courses offered at The Cornerstone Building of Liverpool Hope University. There are currently seven programmes on offer, most of which are either offered in a variety of levels, or are segregated classes for adults and children. The Arts School is open to students of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
Classes currently available for spring term enrollment:
- Indian Music for Any Instrument
- Tabla – Adult Class
- Tabla – Under 16 Class
- Carnatic Vocal – Adult Class
- Carnatic Vocal – Under 16 Class
- Bharatanatyam Grade 1 – Adult Class
- Bharatanatyam Grade 1 – Under 16 Class
- Bharatanatyam Grade 2 & 3
- Kathak Beginners
- Kathak Intermediate
- Kathak Advanced
Follow this link for course description and tutor biographies.
Each course follows a syllabus and regular learning plan that has been collaboratively designed by the course teachers and Milapfest’s Education Department. The curriculum covers practice, performance, and theory. The tutors at Arts School are all trained and professional musicians and dancers, many of whom are performing artists in their own right. For more information about course tutors please click here.
Milapfest currently offers ISTD (Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancehttp://www.istd.org/home/) examinations in Bharatanatyam, and has strong ties with CAT (Centre for Advanced Training http://www.nationaldancecats.co.uk) with several Artschool students now attending CAT training programmes regularly.
All courses, with the exception of Sitar and Indian Music for Any Instrument, run from Saturday 11 May – Saturday 20 July.
Arts School will be closed on the following dates:
- Half Term – Saturday 25 May
Fees for Arts School are as follows:
A course of classes in the following subjects is £90. A discounted fee for early payment is available at £70 for full payment received on or before Saturday 11 May.
- Carnatic Vocal
- Registration Forms are available in hard copy or via email. Telephone Milapfest on (0151) 291 3949 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to receive your copy. Registration forms can also be downloaded from scribd using this link.
- Choose your class/es from the schedule.
- Join Arts School by filling in the Registration Form and returning it by post, email or in person on the first day of term (19 Jan 2013)
- Pay your fees and get course information from your tutor or at the Arts School desk
You can pay by cheque or bank transfer.
Payable to ”Milap Festival Trust”, to the Arts School Reception by hand, or by post to:
Milapfest Arts School
Liverpool Hope University | The Capstone Building | 17 Shaw Street | Liverpool L6 1HP
Online Bank Transfers:
Account Name: Milap Festival Trust | Account Number: 30911702 | Sort Code: 60-09-13
Please add ‘Arts School + Student’s initial and surname’ as reference for the transfer.
For more information or if you have any questions please visit the Arts School web pages here. Or contact Milapfest by telephone on 0151 291 3949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Box office information
The Cornerstone Building, Liverpool Hope University, 17 Shaw Street, L6 1HP
0151 291 3949