Dance India is a unique week-long intensive training programme in Indian classical dance. Now in its 12th year, the school returns to the UK in 2017 with a brand new faculty members as well as a innovative course structure, combining practical dance training with interesting new lec-dems and an evening festival line-up of breathtaking performances.
Dance India has widely been regarded as a one-of-kind experience in the world for offering participants a holistic training in all aspects of dance including skills development, abhinaya, yoga / fitness, music, career development and performance too. Perhaps the most cherished aspect of Dance India is the incredible opportunity it offers students outside of India to spend a week with and learn from India’s most highly acclaimed Guru’s, performers and practitioners.
Dance India Asia Pacific, Singapore
31 August – 8 September 2018
We have the following exciting core training program courses this year.
1. Foundation Course for Bharatanatyam / Kathak (for students with 3-4 years of experience and age 13 years and above) – FULL DAY
2. Intermediate Course for Bharatanatyam / Kathak (for dancers with 5 years of experience and age 15 years and above) – FULL DAY
3. Advance Course for Bharatanatyam (for dancers with 10-15 years of experience and age 18 years and above) – FULL DAY
4. Teacher’s Training Course for Bharatanatyam (for Bharatanatyam dance teachers) – FULL DAY
5. Abhinaya Course for advanced level dancers for Bharatanatyam, Odissi, Kuchipuddi, Mohiniattam & Kathak (for dancers with 10 year of experience and age 18 years and above) – HALF DAY
6. DIAP Residency Program – Mentorship program
This unique opportunity to learn from world-renowned performers through a personal and intensive programme is sure to hone your skills and take your dance practice to the next level.
For more info or to sign up, see here.
Dance India Europe (UK), Liverpool
Courses will return in 2019.
Previous Dance India Schools
Footage and interviews from Dance India Asia Pacific 2017:
Footage and interviews with tutors and students at Dance India 2012:
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding children and promoting children’s welfare and expects all staff, trustees, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. For more details on or to request a copy of Milapfest’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy please contact Aditi Sen, Arts School Coordinator on email@example.com or 0151 291 3649/07960494986.