Samyo membership is open to students trained in Indian Classical music between the ages of 12 and 18, permanently resident in the UK whilst Samyo Too membership is open to musicians between the ages of 18 and 25. Sabrang is open to vocalists between the ages of 14 and 25. Ensemble members are selected on the basis of talent and potential.
Samyo Auditions 2017:
Applications for 2017 membership are now closed.
The SABRANG National Choir
The new National Choir for Indian Music has its own repertoire, performances and training programme. Read more about the choir here
Your commitment to us
- 12 month commitment for all training sessions, rehearsals and concerts.
- Attendance at the Music India International Summer School a week longresidential musical course.
- Attendance during all workshops and rehearsal sessions.
- Annual membership review
Membership of Samyo/Sabrang gives you a host of other benefits, including the opportunity to attend other concerts of interest and a place at the Music India Summer School.
Notes for guidance
- Your application form determines whether you are invited to auditions. Samyo membership is awarded by audition.
- You will be assessed on potential and not just on current achievements.
- Applications should be supported by your music teacher or tutor, so we require their signature or email too.
- With your application, please also enclose an audio sample of between 6 or 8 minutes in length, on any format, by email or post. Find out about what to expect at Audition here.