Samyo membership is open to students trained in Indian Classical music between the ages of 12 and 18, permanently resident in the UK. Orchestra members are selected on the basis of talent and potential.
Samyo Auditions 2017:
SAMYO and the SABRANG choir are open for auditions this Spring.
Next Audition Dates:
London – 11-12 April
Liverpool – 29 April
Check out this video: What Makes Samyo Special?
How do I apply ?
1. Read the Membership Benefits page and watch the Samyo videos on this website
2. Read Application Guidelines:
3. Fill in the online application:
4. Wait to find out if you’ve been invited to audition!
Please contact us if you need the form in paper or email format.
Who should apply?
- Musicians between the ages of 12 and 18
- Resident in the UK
- Musicians trained in the Carnatic or Hindustani musical traditions
If you are a Carnatic musician, you normally should have achieved, or be close to achieving your Arangetram. Hindustani musicians should roughly be at the equivalent of Grade 5 in Sangeet examinations. These are guidelines only, however, and musicians developing an equivalent level of experience through performances or other achievements will also be eligible.
The SABRANG National Choir
The new National Choir for Indian Music has its own repertoire, performances and training programme. Read more about the choir here
Your commitment to us
- 12 month commitment for all training sessions, rehearsals and concerts.
- Attendance at the Music India International Summer School a week longresidential musical course.
- Attendance during all workshops and rehearsal sessions.
- Annual membership review
Membership of Samyo gives you a host of other benefits, including the opportunity to attend other concerts of interest and a place at the Music India Summer School.
Notes for guidance
- Your application form determines whether you are invited to auditions. Samyo membership is awarded by audition.
- You will be assessed on potential and not just on current achievements.
- Applications should be supported by your music teacher or tutor, so we require their signature or email too.
- With your application, please also enclose an audio sample of between 6 or 8 minutes in length, on any format, by email or post. Find out about what to expect at Audition here.